Meet Lucy! She has worked with both Emi and Matt, and has been making great strides in her playing. It has been a joy watching her improve, and finding out that she has a killer singing voice! We are very proud of her and her brother Finn, who has also been taking lessons with us since he was barely big enough to hold his ukulele. Read our interview with Lucy below!
How long have you been playing guitar?
- About 3 years
Who’s your favorite artist?
- Billie Eilish
What’s your favorite song to play?
- Riptide by Vance Joy
What’s your favorite song to listen to?
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
Have you written any songs?
- I’ve tried, but it doesn’t end well. It always either sounds like something that’s already popular or it sounds really bad.
What are your goals and ambitions as a musician?
- I want to be able to sing and play in front of people.
Are you in a band?
- No, but I would like to become a singer-songwriter!
What do you do when you’re not playing music?
- I like to ski. I am on a ski team at Alyeska.
Do you play any instruments other than guitar?
- I sing and play the cello.