Summer of Rock is a seasonal program focused on giving students the opportunity to play and perform in a real “rock and roll” band. Students will get to play a variety of instruments as well as learn skills necessary for being in a band, such as leadership, performance, teamwork and the art of rocking out! Here is what you need to know:
- Summer of Rock is open to students who are enrolled in private lessons.
- Rehearsals are generally once a week for one hour. 8-10 rehearsals included.
- The program begins in mid-May and culminates in a concert showcasing all bands in mid-August.
- Band sizes may vary between 3-10 members.
- Classes will be held in the same location as private lessons, in the Turnagain Arts Building.
- Students can bring their own instrument but amps and drums will be provided.